Good Golf Drills: How You Can Improve Score
At the end of the day, it is all about the score. None of your practice will be worthwhile if you are unable to translate it into better scores out on the course. There is a big difference between hitting good shots and getting a good score, because there are so many variables that you will encounter out on the course. What separates the average golfer from a good one is often the ability make smart decisions on the course and not waste shots on simple mistakes.
The three drills below are designed to help you lower the number on your scorecard at the end of the day.
- Two-putting practice. Avoiding three putts is a key to good scores. After you have done a good job of getting the ball onto the green, the last thing you need to do is waste a stroke by taking three putts to get the ball in the hole. To practice two putting, take one golf ball and place it on the practice green. You are going to pick out the hole that is farthest away from you and try to two putt to it. If you are successful, repeat this drill be coming back across the green. The goal is to two putt nine times in a row – if you three putt along the way, you start the drill over.
- Work on low trajectory. Having a lower trajectory shot in your arsenal is a great help when you are trying to lower your scores. A lower shot can get you out of trouble, in addition to helping you fight any wind that might be coming up on the course. Practicing hitting low shots by using a handful of range balls and a mid-iron. Hit your first practice shot with a regular swing, and watch the trajectory carefully. With the next ball, try to hit a shot lower than the first one. Continue on hitting five shots, with each being lower than the one before.
- Chip inside the circle. There might not be a more important skill to have than good chipping when it comes to saving your scores. To practice chipping close to the hole, find a practice chipping green and get five golf balls. Use some extra tees to set up a three foot circle around the hole you are going to aim at, and try to chip all five balls inside the circle.
Find best golf holiday deals in Algarve region, search for resorts and courses at this site.
- How to make a pure contact
- What is the handicap system?
- Striking from a downhill lie
- Easy ways to lower your scores
- Selecting your hybrid club
- How to make your own iron club
- Lob shot setup fundamentals
- Fairway ballstriking issues
- Using your power potential
- Achieving a good contact
- What clubs to buy?
- How to carry out the punch
Thank you so much for helping me choose a golf resort for my summer vacation - I truly enjoyed it. See you next year!
I have stumbled upon this resource a few months ago and realized right away that it is going to be of use when I start planning my golf holidays - I've learned a lot from here and did not have to pay a penny! Keep it up guys.