Top Ten Golf Tips For Those Who Play For The First Time
The first time you play a round of golf can be a nervy experience. Here are ten tips that you can apply on your first visit to the links:
- Keep up the pace of play
- Whoever had the lowest score on the last hole has the honor
- Use a tee on every tee shot
- Play when the course is quiet
- Pack enough balls
- Mark your golf ball with a permanent marker
- Bring markers to mark your ball on the green
- Bring drinks and snacks
- When you are around the greens and putting, put your golf bag on the way to the next tee
- Pack a fresh pair of socks
If the players behind you are waiting and you've lost your position out on the course, let them play through.
"Having the honor" means you hit first off the tee. Once you are down the fairway, whoever furthest away from the hole hits first.
As Jack Nicklaus said, "air offers less resistance than dirt”. Tee the ball up and hit it cleanly.
if you are playing your first round, you don't want to play when it is busy. You will have more room for errors when the course is quiet.
If you are beginner player, you might be losing a lot of golf balls in the rough or in the water, so make sure you pack extra in your golf bag.
If you can't distinguish between your golf ball and somebody else's, you might hit the wrong ball and you will be penalized.
Many people choose coins, but many golf gloves now have a removable button on the back of the golf glove that you can use.
Some golf rounds can take 4 hours, so if you are playing through a regular mealtime you will feel hungry. You don't want to eat anything too sugary like a chocolate bar because you will have a sugar crash and an energy low an hour or so after you eat it. A piece of fruit or some nuts is a good choice. Water is a good idea to keep you hydrated if you are playing in summer.
This way, when you finish on the green, you can walk towards the next tee and grab your bag on the way rather than having to go back towards the fairway to get your clubs. This will keep up the pace of your play.
Changing your socks half way through the round will improve your mood and make you feel clean and fresh, ready to take on the second nine holes.
- How to make a pure contact
- What is the handicap system?
- Striking from a downhill lie
- Easy ways to lower your scores
- Selecting your hybrid club
- How to make your own iron club
- Lob shot setup fundamentals
- Fairway ballstriking issues
- Using your power potential
- Achieving a good contact
- What clubs to buy?
- How to carry out the punch
Thank you so much for helping me choose a golf resort for my summer vacation - I truly enjoyed it. See you next year!
I have stumbled upon this resource a few months ago and realized right away that it is going to be of use when I start planning my golf holidays - I've learned a lot from here and did not have to pay a penny! Keep it up guys.